Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished Travis today from 11:30am to 4:30pm and had a blast. The water was 57-58 degrees and clear to stained depending upon how much wind the shore was getting. I started off throwing a jig and it's the only bait I threw the entire time! I hit some boat docks about 1/4 of the way back in a spawning cove and started catching fish right away. If I found a dock with a little brush in the back, it was almost automatic. Stand alone brush also held quite a few fish. Once I got about half way back the bites tended to get bigger. I caught several pre-spawn females, they were egg-laden with no sign of tail damage. Ended up with 1 over 4, 3 more over 3 and a bunch of 2 pounders. My best five was pushing 16.5 pounds. The jig I fished was brown and about 1/2oz. Fished it with a variety of trailers, but mostly green craws. Travis fishing should peak soon!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hit the same pattern EdM. Fished from 9am to 1pm and easily had 3 limits. All fish were 16" - 18". Threw a watermelon bitsy bug tipped with a green pumpkin swim chunk. Fish were hitting the jig so hard that you could feel the thump even with a good bit of slack in your line. Lots of fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.