Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Travis 3 hours late morning, water temp was a cool 56-57, skies were gray w a little drizzle, low pressure and almost no wind--great day for fishing, and it felt like we were the only ones on the water.  
Caught about 20 12-13 inch males on senkos on steep banks in pockets with slack water, deadsticking senkos and a few on t-rig brush hogs...rarely got a bite on the initial fall, had to let it sink to 10 feet or so and just let it SIT, and they would pick it up.  Alot of fun but if it was a tourney we would've had 0.00 in weight--how do you find keepers in this situation?  We fished alot of different patterns with little luck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sounds alot like my day yesterday. Only 6 keepers in 40 fish and none of them were worthy of a picture. I think the weather (water temps dropping almost 5 degrees since last week) have slowed down the movement of bigger fish. I think this weekend will be VERY good on Travis and next week even better. As luck would have it, I have a business trip to Edmonton on Sunday and will be gone all week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.