Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed to get out and cast the line a little, it's been a while! Only fished from about 12pm- 4pm. Got 3 keepers. Two about 2.25 or so, just over 15 inches. Then had a nice one that weighed 3lbs 11oz. Also had two little dinks one 8" and one 6" one on the jig and one on a drop shot. The keepers came on jigs off main points.

Does it look bigger here? Sky is blown out, but I think it looks bigger. Same fish though.... lol.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Whoa, the ninja strikes on Lake Travis!  Thanks for the report.  Good to see you getting out on the water sans wake board and wetsuit.

Nice Travis fish and demonstration of your ninja secrets to make that fish look bigger. ;)

DY in the house!

Tight Lines

-Rude-

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hollywood- I think that is a faded out watermelon red hula grub on the reel. No Daiwa's for me!! (not true- have one spinning reel, and one lefty baitcaster)

Swimmy- yeah, then I rushed home and pulled all the weeds in the yard and started to run the lawnmower!! Fun stuff!!

Yeah, you could tell when that 3+ hit, it felt much bigger than those 2's. I just love catching them on the jig- even with your line slacked and reeling up the "poing!" when the fish tries to kill that jig is awesome. I'm sure the sensitive rod and flourocarbon line help, but still I love it!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.