Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an aluminum trailer under my 18ft Mako. On my last trip I noticed a course vibration between 40 and 50 mph; smooth otherwise. Lugs are tight and hubs and bearings seem fine and are well lubed(no extra heat that I could notice). Rig spends equal time in fresh and salt water. Wheels have no weights on them inside or out so I'm not exactly sure where to start. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I would recommend taking those wheels and tires in for a balance and integrity check - eliminate those possibilities first. If you've still got the issue, then service the wheel bearings and replace if any signs of wear on the races, making sure to put good working bearing buddies on the hubs and fill them with grease until they just start compressing the spring. If you've still got the issue, then have the trailer's axle alignment checked.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, It was the tread separation alright. Put the spare on the right and no shimmy. You could see how the belts had shifted, Best part: Gary at Tracker is going to hook me up with a new tire. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts