Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change out the bunk boards on my Ranger trailer. I noticed they were not in the best shape when I replaced the brackets that had completely rusted apart on my trailer. I was not prepared to change them out at that time so I put them back on. Any thoughts on using pressure treated lumber versus cedar. I think I read somewhere that cedar would be a better choice. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, pressure treated it is. I guess I was just shocked that the pressure treated wood from the factory had rotted. But I guess it all will given enough time. And lord knows how many times the thing has been dunked in the water. If I can buy 5 years out of it I will be happy.

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you have a lot of friction on your boat trailer bunks you should consider something like this too:

Trailer Slides: E-Z Off Trailer Guides for Snowmobile and Boat Trailers

I had trouble sliding my Kenner off the trailer into shallow water down at the coast and these slides made a world of difference. The downside is that you need to make sure that your bow hook is very secure since you could end up dry launching your boat on a steep ramp.

I found the best prices from an ebay store.

Don

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
If you have a lot of friction on your boat trailer bunks you should consider something like this too:

Trailer Slides: E-Z Off Trailer Guides for Snowmobile and Boat Trailers

I had trouble sliding my Kenner off the trailer into shallow water down at the coast and these slides made a world of difference. The downside is that you need to make sure that your bow hook is very secure since you could end up dry launching your boat on a steep ramp.

I found the best prices from an ebay store.

Don
I've got plastic glides on mine that I picked up at Bass Pro - absolutely love them. I didn't bother with bunk carpeting, just attached the glides in pairs for the length of my 2x6 bunk boards. Sliding on and off those is like... BUTTAH! ...Talk amongst yourselves...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts