Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one crazy enough to go out today....... :eek:

I headed to Decker first thing this morning, and sat in the parking lot and watched the light show for about 30 minutes. Crazy thing on the way into the park lightening hit the telephone pole directly infront of me, should have taken that as a sign for how the day was going to be.
Called Clint at Academy and got an update on the weather and he said it didn't look good. So I decided to change locations and head to Town Lake and met a freind who was as crazy as I was today.
We started fishing around 9am and worked our way south from the Holiday Inn. We threw shakeyheads, crankbaits, t-rigs, and swimbaits and were only able to scratch up one dink, and missed probably about 6-7 others between us. It basically rained on us off and on all day, but the worst of the rain was from about 11:30-12:30 on the home stretch. Talked to a couple guys sippin' on some 40's and they told us about a hole on the otherside of the lake full of catfish during the summer, I think the had partaken in too much livations...... ;)
All in all it was a dissappointing day fishing only scraching out one dink, but I have a feeling Town will be producing when the water warms up a bit. The water was VERY stained from all the runoff, which there was quite a bit of. Colors used were watermelon/red, motor oil, watermelon/chartreuse.

This was lake #2 in the 5 day plan. Maybe Decker tomorrow depending on the weather........ :-/

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
DAHorns,

A wise man once said " Better a lightning strike on top of pole, then on top your head"

He eventually died when he slipped on a bar of soap coming out of the shower, but I heard the guy was pretty smart. ;D

Never the less, sorry for a crappy day, would think being out would pay off better!

Thanks for the report!!

EA

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did fail to mention that it may have been dissappointing, but it was better than being at work....... ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.