Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ABF,

I'm new to the forum, and excited to learn and share. I thought it would be fun to share pics of lunkers caught in Town Lake (Lady Bird). Also, could be useful to share the tackle they were caught on, time and location.

I caught this beauty Friday 8:00PM at the mouth of the barton springs outlet and Town Lake. I was using a Blue and silver Luck Strike R3 shallow water crankbait on a Penn Battle II 2500 combo equiped with 30lb braid and 15lb test Vanish Fluorocarbon.

I went again last night, and I was skunked. I'm not sure where the best shoreline spots are, and am new to fishing Town lake, but I'm now confident there are some really nice fish in there. Open to any advice - location, lures, line etc. Also, anyone with a boat - I always have gas money, and I make a great 1st mate.

Fishing Recreation Recreational fishing Fisherman River

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice fish. Two of my top three bass have come from lady bird. On the south shore, I have always had luck around the pedestrian bridge and the Lamar street bridge. Not real secret spots. It's better in the fall when all of the kayakers and people jumping off the bridge supports are gone.

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Thanks for the report! I've driven over that lake thousands of times but never fished it!

You got a big'un there, so keep at it. Good ABF member name, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice catch! I am new to fishing LBL on my Kayak. Still have not had any luck the few times I went out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bayern,

The only thing I can tell you, is that bass slammed my shallow water crankbait. I was bumping it across mud, rock, and some grass around 5ft deep. I haven't caught anything else there, still working on zeroing in on baits and locations. Stcow says Senkos worked for him. I'm going to give that a go next time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice fish! Thanks for the report. Love me so LBL bass.

I'll be out on LBL this evening if any of you other yakers want to meet up. I'll be putting in at festival beach around 6 and working the East end around Snake Island 'till sunset.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Bayern,

The only thing I can tell you, is that bass slammed my shallow water crankbait. I was bumping it across mud, rock, and some grass around 5ft deep. I haven't caught anything else there, still working on zeroing in on baits and locations. Stcow says Senkos worked for him. I'm going to give that a go next time.
The him is a her. ��

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice fish! Thanks for the report. Love me so LBL bass.

I'll be out on LBL this evening if any of you other yakers want to meet up. I'll be putting in at festival beach around 6 and working the East end around Snake Island 'till sunset.
Catch anything today? I hooked up with a 5-6lb beauty, but lost it in front of the yak. Only had 2 fish today. One on a brushhog, the other (big one) on a gold and brown senko.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sorry about that stcow!
No problem. Your thread sparked my interest in fishing Lady Bird today. I fished for about 40 minutes throwing senkos under a tree and BAM. Nailed this beauty. I haven't caught anything of a decent size since I've been dabbling with fly fishing and didn't realize the battery on my scale was dead. I would say it was a good 3 to 3.5 (possibly 4) pound bass. Only catch of the day. Fish Bass Fishing Recreation Fish

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great catch. It sometimes gets over fished but many times there are some big 8-10lb bass around the Low Water Crossing below Mansfield dam. They just renovated it so you can imagine people will go out there and trash it which I am already seeing which is sad. BUT- there is another park right down the road that people never go to and have seen huge bass cruise the shore. I mainly fly fish and its hard to cast a fly there but there are some big bass around there. I have a small google image of some places I have caught fish at and have seen fish caught. Message me if you want it. I dont want to post it as many people troll this site for places to catch and keep every fish they catch and do not understand conservation.
Best of luck to ya

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice fish OP, hopefully I can make it to LBL soon and try to catch my first bass in that lake!

Nice catch! I am new to fishing LBL on my Kayak. Still have not had any luck the few times I went out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated lol.
Don't mean to derail the conversation but if you're also from Bayern that is awesome! Don't see to many Bavarians...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts