Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy San Jacinto Day!

I followed CDC recommendations and self-isolated until symptoms resolved. The virus is very nasty, stay clear for sure. Now back to essential fishing.

I went yesterday to the C&F. Should have been a field day for GW. I saw an illegal cast net being thrown, a ten inch largemouth on a stringer and not one but two motorized boats. The signage is pretty clear: NO MOTORIZED BOATS.

Today, I put in to Lady Bird around 8am. Lots of wrong way traffic on the Butler Trail. Beautiful day on the lake. I caught two on Texas Rig, two on senko and eight on drop-shot. Big sunny on a lipless. Off at 1pm.
38CC2F2E-85AF-4131-97FB-55759E674C02.jpeg
AA150233-B372-4193-9056-E9AFF9A68813.jpeg
BB38089E-96D2-43B3-93A2-0DF40D04459A.jpeg

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
you had the virus? i checked out the c&r yesterday around 11 after GT. wasnt sure if i saw you by the dam. didnt get out of truck. i'd call the GW!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I got a positive result from the brain swab. I actually got tested twice, doh! I wish I could say the test was worse than the disease, but this virus is potent. I was bedridden with a 102.7°F fever with all the symptoms except shortness of breath. Been there, done that, glad to be back on the water.

I didn’t get to the Catch & Fillet yesterday until around 2pm. I had to mow the lawn first. If it weren’t for social distancing, I‘d do the policing myself. People are out of work or school and are trying to have fun. They don’t know the rules and they don’t care. Bobber fisherman will string small fish. Cast net owners will throw their cast nets. Troller operators will swear that “motorized boats“ means gas-engine powered. I‘d like to call GW, but I sometimes feel like I’m swimming upstream. If park patrons can’t follow simple rules, its probably easier to close the park.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
um...brain swab?
the only way to save our lakes/fisheries is to call in offenders. otherwise the law abiding citizens will find themselves with closed lakes, like we've seen, or ruined fisheries. once in phoenix i called in a drunk driver at 9pm doing 35 in the fast lane on the freeway, bobbing and weaving like joe frazier. i'm not a wannabe cop or anything, but certain things need to be handled/reported. i saw a guy at HEB today with no mask! i didnt call that in, but i told him he was an idiot.
well, i actually know the guy. he works at my golf course, lol...
glad yer ok! you gotta get on GT! would love to see the numbers you put up there. put in at russell park.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad to here your okay. COVID-19 is no joke and I would miss reading your reports if you hadn’t made it.

I was out on LBL on Sunday, but not nearly that much success. launched at festival, fished that area and down stream. Only landed one on a drop shot. havent quite figured that lake out, but still love fishing there.

is GT any good? Never been up there and need to pick a local for this weekends outing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dang Jeremy, sorry to hear that you caught it, glad to hear you kicked it in the BUTT and are back to what you enjoy. Fredy, if my latest hand injury allows, I can try to get you on G-town sometime soon. Bank fishing from the ramp area at Russel park is good early in the morning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Might give it a go this weekend in the kayak. Launching options are pretty limited at the moment so why not try something new.

couldn’t do any worse than I did on lake Austin tonight - 2 hour on the water with nothing. Talked to a couple of guys pulling their boat out, reported 4hours with only one, so a rough evening all around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts