Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped in at Austin High at 6:15, fished down past congress and back till about 11 today. Caught 8 total, lost a few more, all on chartreuse/watermelon senko. Almost all bass were between 1.5 and 3.5 lbs., mostly caught in 6-12 feet of water over submerged weedbeds. As far as I can tell, this has been a more productive approach than pitching laydowns right now. Bite seemed to drop off when sun came out around 10. This happened the other day as well, except for ms. piggie, who was caught at about 4:30.

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey pond prowler, they didn't start letting water out till after 9 or 10. The current was fair, but not as bad as the other day. I don't know how long they discharge water for. Good luck out there.

· Registered
91 Posts
Thanks Sean.  I launched behind the Holiday Inn and fished to 1st street and back.  Didn't have a whole lot of time out there...

The water was the dingiest I've ever seen it on TL and floating vegetation was everywhere.  The poor visibility seemed to kill my typical senko bite with only two caught.  Switched to a spinner bait and got two better reaction bites off submerged timber in 6-10 FOW.

Absolutely perfect day with respect to weather/boating conditions!  I'll be sure to post up pics next time- forgot my camera!  :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.