Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in to a deserted lake around 7am. By 10am, there were hundreds of people on the Butler Trail. I drifted a cast length away from the trail and tossed wacky senko at the bank.

Most bites came on senko but I did get some on dropshot. Best fish was caught on TR Megatail. Off at 3pm.
7EF0D078-F7F2-46AD-A9D6-7A7ADE434423.jpeg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dang it, was there 7:15 to 10:15 close to the Fiesta ramp and got blanked. I guess I'll go back to the seiko. Did try some dropshot with no luck.

JT

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was texposing black w/ silver flake 5” senko for four bass. I nicked the line on zebra mussels so I had to retie. After I retied I kept backlashing ( I had unwittingly missed the level wind window, doh!). I put that rod down and started throwing wacky rigged and catching on the reg. The pictured fish was over where flykast stays.

After noon, I wandered over near Fiesta and caught three tiny bass with the drop-shot. Not sure why the bigger bass would not hit the dropshot.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dang Jeremy, you are just the bass stud. Glad you are able to find somewhere else to go, since Pville is closed, and getting bit on town lake can be a challenge. How was the current?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was worried that the Saturday deluge would muddy the water, but I guess the rain fell downstream because the runoff was more trash than water. Lady Bird is an ecological disaster. Not much current. Water temp 63°F

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Zebra mussels are everywhere...i saw them at lake Powell coupla summers ago. I think there's a species of fish that'll eat em.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was worried that the Saturday deluge would muddy the water, but I guess the rain fell downstream because the runoff was more trash than water. Lady Bird is an ecological disaster. Not much current. Water temp 63°F
Water was 63?! I was out there last week and it was 70+ in some places. Any late spawners spotted?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts