Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Launched from holiday inn around 7:15. Had the lake to myself. Surprising, the water was not too stained and much of the vegetation growth that plagued us over the summer has washed out or died off. Most temps were 59-60 degrees. Hardly any wind. I kept Jeremy’s weekend report in mind and tossed out at some of the deeper pylons along the trail. I was tossing my last Yamamoto mermaid and had it struck 3 times, each time returning to me with no fish and the mermaid scrunched on the hook. I decided to put on a pit boss but had no takers on that close to 35. I had several small strikes and one nice one on the drop shot on the southern pylons under 35 but could not get a hook set. Practiced with the jerk bait and a glide bait and ripped a crank a little. I’m happy to have used all 7 rods I brought along on this trip. Saw a raccoon obliviously scavenging along the shoreline and was almost struck by a rower who apologized profusely and thanked me for calling out and moving. Ended up pulling in 2 near Congress before having to head in.

·
Super Moderator
2,538 Posts
The weather was so nice yesterday, I’m glad you got on the water. Sorry you got your bait scrunched. That was happening to me, too, with the Rage Bug I was throwing. I’m guessing they were Guads or small Largemouth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts