Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a thought...dont know what kind of interest would follow but it seems like a good idea. One Saturday have an unders only tourney on Bastrop then a fish fry immediately following weigh in. The fish to be fried would be the unders everyone brought in. June or July seems like a good time to do this since the tournament trails will pretty much be done and the schoolies will be getting going out there. It will also help take some of the unders out of Bastrop. And theres nothing better than fresh fried fish. What do yall think? Like I said its just a thought.

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds like there is plenty of interest. I would need some help planning this thing though. I have only been involved in the fishing side of tournaments never the running of it, although I would be willing to whatever I had to. I also dont really have the resources...fish fryer, good scales...etc. Maybe instead of a tournament we could turn it into an ABF Event....everyone chip in some $$ for the groceries and then go out and catch some fish to fry, and the have side bets for people with the competetive edge. Any input would be great. I think June or July would be best.

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
HHJ I will shoot you over an email later this evening. The only problem I see would be not catching enough unders to feed everybody. Im kind of still trying to figure out how to work everything.........the cabin idea would be great also. Like I said earlier this was just an idea I had to try to help the fish population on Bastrop and to get everyone together for a good time. Seems like with the responses its a good idea. If anyone has anything to add its more than welcome.....im kind of green when it comes planning events.

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well lets try to find a date in June or July that works for almost every one (I say alomost because its impossible to please everyone). The weekend of June 7th will not work for me because my brother is either graudating from Hutto that day or playing in the baseball state championship game. Once we get a date set we will start a thread seeing what everyone can/will bring.

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Guys sorry I havent updated in a while. I have been following my brothers baseball team (Hutto High School) on their quest to state. They just beat the defending state champions this weekend (Jasper) and are now onto regional finals against Taylor next weekend. If they beat Taylor they will be in the state tournament which is June 4-5 and his graduation is the 7th so hopefully I will back to planning soon.

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Actually Z my brother is a player on the team....Chris Thomison. But your right coach Schmit is a great guy. Wish them luck....they play Taylor at the Dell Diamond Thursday evening. Giddings had a good run this year. I wish yall wouldve taken Taylor out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.