Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a thought...dont know what kind of interest would follow but it seems like a good idea. One Saturday have an unders only tourney on Bastrop then a fish fry immediately following weigh in. The fish to be fried would be the unders everyone brought in. June or July seems like a good time to do this since the tournament trails will pretty much be done and the schoolies will be getting going out there. It will also help take some of the unders out of Bastrop. And theres nothing better than fresh fried fish. What do yall think? Like I said its just a thought.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Is the Covert Tournament on Lake Bastrop on May 17th?
Saturday and Sunday or just Saturday?
We are going to be at Lake Bastrop on Saturday May 17th and friends camping Friday night and Saturday night there....hope it's not too crowded.

Gene

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I would like to see a fish fry done on Fayette too. It needs some dinks removed as well.

But I'm in on the Bastrop fry if we can get a date set soon. If I'm lucky, I wont be back to work by that time and I'll be able to attend this thing. Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Gene, are you staying in the cabins? if so come by and say hi, me and the wife have a cabin at the south shore as well as my brother and family. You'll see a blue Dodge Dakota with an empty tracker trailer. Boat is a red Basstracker.

See you on the water!

Lance

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds like there is plenty of interest. I would need some help planning this thing though. I have only been involved in the fishing side of tournaments never the running of it, although I would be willing to whatever I had to. I also dont really have the resources...fish fryer, good scales...etc. Maybe instead of a tournament we could turn it into an ABF Event....everyone chip in some $$ for the groceries and then go out and catch some fish to fry, and the have side bets for people with the competetive edge. Any input would be great. I think June or July would be best.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.