Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
1,530 Posts
JR
Use that 1 iron as a motor toter

If anybody is interested in other golf stuff send me a PM....no sets just misc clubs, mainly wedges and putters. I have a Titleist Vokey 56deg/10 bounce, oil can finish....never been hit. Maybe some Cleveland wedges laying around. Titleist Scotty Cameron Detour (1st of 500) putter, maybe hit 50 putts, never in the bag

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
per golf review...

n 2005-04-14, Greg W. rated this Tommy Armour 855s Silver Scot a 5...(5387)

Purchase: I had purchased this set of clubs (3-SW) used from Play it Again sports, a second hand store, for $200. I went in to look at a Titleist driver, but after hitting those clubs in the practice area, I spent a little more than I planned that day.
Pros: What particuarly catches my attention about this set of clubs is the amount of distance one is able to generate, despite the fact they they are cavity back irons.They provide me just as much power as my forged set, without altering my accuracy or forcing me to make some unneeded adjustment.
Cons: The set usually is sold 3-SW. However, they do have a 1 and 2 iron, as well as a 58 and 60 degree lob wedge. There is also a driving iron that fully completes the set. The problem is the 58 degree, or w3 as its better known, seems to be a rare club and hard to find in the same condition as my set is.
Quality: This set of clubs is constructed of the highest quality materials- and they feel like it when they are hit. When compared to a few callaway models, in particular, they seem to use the same, almost identical materials in their club head construction.

Review Summary: I would suggest purchasing the Tommy Armour 855s Silver Scot set. If you can't find them easily, write the company. Be sure to grab the lob wedges and long irons, they are all very forgiving and will accomodate anyone ranging from the average weekender to the seasoned veteran.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
3B382A2A373B3820590 said:
[quote author=153A203B3F3620207E1D7E122620273A3D530 link=1247521778/0#12 date=1249348626]she said she was going to take me on a guide trip down south.

LMAO  ;D ;D
Hey I booked the room today with the big ole king size bed, I am ready for my guide trip, DON'T HATE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.