Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit up Town Lake today near the Mopac bridge. Last minute quick trip before packing my gear to fish for Northern Pike in New York and Canada. Got on the water at 7:30, off by 10:30. Water was pretty clear, no current running, skies were overcast, and a slight breeze...gorgeous morning.
First fish came on a shakey snake early - 4-7
Had some live minnows, put one out, caught another solid 4-8
Put out another minnow and immediately hooked in to what I thought was a bigger fish cause the head and ended up only being a 6-12
At this point I figured I couldn't do any better so decided to call it and leave. Packed everything up except for 1 rod which I figured I'd troll a crank on the way in. About 20 yards from the shore I gave it one last finesse hand twitch and got slammed, had to set the hook while holding the line in my fingers still. Fish was on, it was awesome, I let the excess line out and fought her for a few jumps, bait was sideways in her mouth with both trebles in. Hell Yeah
All in all right about 23lb for four fish and now I have to pack up to go catch some giant Pike...worst week ever  ;)

Enjoy the pics

Fish On

Lunk

4-7

4-7

6-12 - Had a big time under-bite and a huge head

6-12

7-5 Biggest fish on the crank bait WTF

7-5 Release

Forgot to throw this one in. Caught the last time I was there a couple weeks back PB Guad for me but didn't get a weight on her, prob 2.5lbs - 3lbs.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got some minnows/shiners from Ace tackle on Parmer. Fishing out of a $60 inflatable yak from Coleman. I usually do better from the yak than from a boat. Go figure

·
Registered
637 Posts
Those are nice post spawn fish. I'd like to see that 7 lber in the spring. Good work on fishing all the way in. And awesome to hear you got minnows from Ace. Someone told me recently minnows were on fire lately, but I've never tried using them for LMB around here.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
34757E757673460 said:
Those are nice post spawn fish.   I'd like to see that 7 lber in the spring.  Good work on fishing all the way in.  And awesome to hear you got minnows from Ace.  Someone told me recently minnows were on fire lately, but I've never tried using them for LMB around here.
I fished with them for years at the Quarry now owned by Hyde Park Baptist Church off of Duval road. You can usually slay bass out there with them.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got back Monday night. Finished 2nd out of 16 guys. 6 pike for 144 inches. Biggest was 26. Only caught 1 the first day, but caught my limit the 2nd. The biggest fish of the tourney was 33" and someone caught a 25" Musky(non keeper <36"). Pretty sweet time as usual; lots of beer, food, and flatulence  ;)

I mostly took scenic pics(weather was awesome), but too lazy to take them off the phone just yet.

Fish On

Lunk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.