Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah, I wasn't gonna write this report, but here goes. Decided to get out after work last friday for a little while and thought I'd do TL. Put in at I35 and headed uplake. Had one small dink get off just east of congress. Decided to keep on moving. Wasn't having much luck and then I'm around SoLa and it's dusk. I'd been throwing a walk the dog topwater for a little while and figured something would eventually have to hit it.

A postspawner, by the way she lethargically tried to grab it off the top, I think, finally got it in her mouth after a couple of lazy misses and the way I got a lousy hookset while she was swimming towards me made me think I had a 4-5 lb. fish on... and then she jumped. Oh boy... I think she would've been close to, if not over 9... :eek: she jumped again and then got off. Sigh...

Went into BC for a little while and then after I couldn't get anything going on top, decided it was time to make the 50-55 min troll back to the ramp with the wind blowing directly into me... fun... but having that fish on, however momentarily, made it all worthwhile!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yea the long trolling motor commutes can suck, I've thought about disconnecting my trolling motor and cranking up the big boy and idleing back. (and if anyone says something "sorry man trolling motor dead I had to get back") You think they'd get mad, who controlls that anyway, APD, TP&W, I've seen a couple of boats running on motor before when crossing one of the bridges. I bet as long as your not acting crazy they wouldn't say anything

·
Registered
213 Posts
495D565C4F435E4F494B0E0 said:
What kind of boat were u in???  Pelican or somethin like that?  I'm supprised to here a report of blacks hitting top-water this time of year, they should be tearin em up in a couple o' months   :)

they've been hittin topwater for a bit now.. ive caught a couple on a skitter pop and throwing weightless frogs and runnin em on the top. got one tonight like that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.