Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for about three hours in the afternoon from the I-35 ramp. Only fished a short area west of the ramp. Focused primarily on two points, one of which had shad everywhere around it. That point, I fished hard for around an hour, trying to figure out something by covering all water depths with various lures/actions. Figured with all of the shad and the structure I was feeling down there, I'd eventually stumble on a fish. Didn't happen.

Caught a small dink on a jerkbait and that was it to avoid going home with that bagel. :)

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Wish I had gotten out today. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Sometimes it seems like too much bait makes your lure unappealing to the (already gorged, can't eat another bite) gamefish. Were the shad showing any signs of fear? Quick escapes/jumps to indicate predators feeding? Watching happy shad is almost as frustrating as watching happy mullet on the bay. 'Cept at the coast you can get your revenge with a castnet and the redfish cannot resist, even when there full! ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.