Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I was an avid fisherman in my youth and now 10+ years later I'm getting back into it and want to start bass fishing.
I've spent the last 3 days (3-4 hours per) at lake pflugerville and haven't had as much as a nibble. I haven't used live baits yet. I've used 2 different spinners, baby brush hog and a couple different senkos wacky rigged and texas rigged, and a couple different poppers.

Any advice would be helpful, I'd at least like to start getting bites...
As a side note I haven't seen anyone catch anything at this lake from the shore (or from yak that I've been able to see) in the past 3 days.
Thinking about trying somewhere new tonight, maybe brushy creek?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Hey Petricore, welcome to ABF. I’ve got a little experience at Lake Pfork. Late summer is a tricky bite to figure out, especially from the bank. From your post it sounds like you’re throwing the right stuff, but who knows really. My tip is for you to keep at it.

Read back through some of the older P-ville ABF bank fishing posts, especially from expert bank anglers kjfujino and wiscobass. These two had very different strategies. KJ liked to “run and gun” the entire shoreline and wiscobass contended that only 10% of P-ville’s shoreline was worthy of a cast. Wiscobass should know, he is one of a handful of people to catch a ten-pounder from the bank, his caught on a spinnerbait. I wish I knew where his 10% was, but I have a notion that it is the shallow west shoreline that bulges into the lake. Good Luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply! I'll definitely keep at it. I'd agree that a lot of the bank fishing is pretty rough there. I found there to be weeds at most of the bank that you have to fish through.
I'd like to try kayak fishing soon, might try somewhere that rents them.

On a happier note I went to brushy creek last night and got 3 small guadalupes and 1 small largemouth. I at least feel good knowing my technique and bait selection isn't the whole problem :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts