Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm planning on trying my luck at Granger for the first time on Sunday, and was looking to see if any of you had some quick tips for anything that is biting currently. Im mostly going after crappie though, and have read around on other threads about targeting the brushpiles, unfortunately I don't have any electronic support at the moment so finding brushpills is going to prove difficult. Ive also found finding a guide to be a common response, call me old fashioned but I like to work for the fish. I am not trying to impose on anyone's livelihood, just tiered of getting skunked, and any advise is appreciated. Also I only fish catch and realease, except on the rare occasions a fish fry is to temping to resist.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i would find trees that stand out of the water and fish around them since u don't have electronics that's what i do in my kayak !

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I dont fish for crappie but the cat bite is okay right now. I suggest wilson fox park. I had some luck by the boat ramp. no one was getting fish from the dock the other day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Granger can be tough. You either need someone who really knows the lake, some good electronics or some damn good luck.

If you go in those trees take is easy because there are some killer stumps just under the surface. I've seen several people fall into the water while driving/trolling those areas. This is especially true upriver.

Also be careful out on the main lake. It may look deep but some spots are really shallow. Right now, the lake is at a normal water level so you should be fine but if you go when its down 5-10 ft then you really have to watch yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies y'all. I have been to but not fished, Russell park and seen that large section of submerged trees. I wondered if that was a practical place to start but figured it would be a minefield. Catfish are some of my favorite fighters so if there are any known hot spots, I'd but very interested to know more.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Tie up to a tree on a creek channel, drop some cubes and sit. Within an hour you should have something for dinner. If you feel you are "doing it wrong" then post up and we can help. Cover next to a channel, that is granger cats recipe for me. Just sux in a yak all night...

And points, other natural structure should lead to the right spot if this doesn't say enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts