Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'll get to that part in a bit or just skip to the end for pics.  Was out there from about 8:30 to 1:30.  I was ready to go earlier but the heavy fog made me a lil hesitant.  The fog was still pretty dense when my brother in law and I headed out.  Water temp was 65F and it was overcast most of the day with little to no wind.  

Started out with shallow cranks and that got me a 2 pounder and my bro-in-law got a 3 pounder pretty early on.  That was his first bass ever (he's a UT freshman and just moved here).  The bite was slow but steady and we ended up with a few just around 2 pounds.  

Fishing at the intake later in the day with senkos we manged a few as well.  While we were there I noticed some baitfish being chased and switched to a crank and on the 2nd or third cast I hooked into something big.  By coincidence I picked the lightest rod I had with 8lb line.  I tightened the drag as much as I dared and just held on after setting the hook.  Not much else I could do.  The reel probably has 80yds on it and I had visions of getting spooled so I told my b-i-l to switch places with me and get ready to follow the fish on the TM if we needed to.  Sure enough we needed to and we had to follow him where ever he went.  took us for a nice lil ride.  I thought it was a big cat cos I've caught a few on cranks but as the fish tired and we got the first glimpse I could see it was a carp.  Not the share a lunker I was hopin for but I kinda knew it wasn't a bass.  But a nice fight anyway.  Lasted a few minutes.  I'm not a carp expert but I figured a solid 10lbs at least.  It measured just over 25 inches (my scale only weighs up to 8 lbs). A shout out goes to robertrinaustin for hooking me up with a sweet pair of CDMS that worked fantastic today.

b-i'l's first bass

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely the eyewear ;D. Check out Ben's pic as well. Ben your fish looks like a smallmouth suffalo. Where'd you get that? Last summer by the spillway on Decker I was trolling a DD22 and snagged one about that size. Damn near scared me to death when I saw it. I was alone and couldn't get it into my jon alone so I just got my DD22 back and that was it. Regretted not being able to take a pic but the fish was too lively.

· Registered
712 Posts
Fuzz, that big sucker was caught on Travis in the PV area in 30' of water on a jigging spoon, That's actually my buddy also named Ben that caught that one and then he caught a 33lb buffalo on Buchaanan a couple of months ago, snagged him in the dorsal talk about a fight. I think Robert has the pics of that one floating around somewhere. I think Charlie has us beat out though, damn HHJ thats a big Buff, I remember seeing that video. Classic gold!

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
7D4E41413B0 said:
 That's some hi quality video editing and production right there
Yep Fuzz,

Hope to do a little better one day soon, still working on it though... ::)
Time and practice is what it takes.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpJenBF3KHo[/media]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.