Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'll be in Austin this weekend and want to try and fish on Thursday afternoon and Friday. Ill be there with my wife and her college friends so ill definitely need to get away at least twice. I grew up bass fishing in San Diego and have always want to fish in Texas. The guides I spoke to are a little out of my price range though. Can anyone recommend places in the Downtown area with shore access? I was planning on just bringing 2 reels and some tackle and then buying some cheap rods and fishing license at Walmart to avoid the high shipping/airline fees. Any information would be great.

Thanks again for your help,
Philip

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
I would recommend getting your fishing license at Academy. They are faster. They have a little better tackle selection as well.

You should fish anywhere along the bank at Lady Bird Lake. I’ve seen bank anglers catch bass from just about any place you can make a cast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would recommend getting your fishing license at Academy. They are faster. They have a little better tackle selection as well.

You should fish anywhere along the bank at Lady Bird Lake. I’ve seen bank anglers catch bass from just about any place you can make a cast.
Thank you. Ill give it a shot. Looks like I'll be able to carry a couple rods onto the plane.

Thanks again,
Philip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.