Bass Fishing Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Just a quick question, I always practice C&R. If I get the inkling to eat tasty basses I utilize the resources of Lake Travis to harvest the mighty Guad, and no more than I will consume that evening or next day. My question is this. It seems that some here fill out a limit in the live-well on non-tournament fishing trips. What's the point in that? Just to get a final days weight? Just curious. If not photo worthy (and that's most of them) they are back in the drink as soon as they are un-buttoned.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Back when I was a part of the Houston Bass Club from 1979 to 1985, the team limits at weigh in were 10. Also, it was catch and release into grease. I saw several big bass over 10lbs get fried up.

I am not against it, I just do my part to CPR. Not to say that I am against it. I have to think back when I use to fillet 6lb bass for the fryer and enjoyed eating it.

As for as it being sad, I get wrapped up in the moment of encouraging CPR , knowing that several times I have done the same.
My $0.02.

Robert

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Just a quick question, I always practice C&R. If I get the inkling to eat tasty basses I utilize the resources of Lake Travis to harvest the mighty Guad, and no more than I will consume that evening or next day. My question is this. It seems that some here fill out a limit in the live-well on non-tournament fishing trips. What's the point in that? Just to get a final days weight? Just curious. If not photo worthy (and that's most of them) they are back in the drink as soon as they are un-buttoned.
Some guys do that, I never do. Just don't see much need in running around the lake with livewells full of water.

If I'm not going to eat it and it won't make me any money, it goes back in

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
people have been eating delicious basses for thousands of years.....
i think they taste like @&^% personally but i will f up some catfish and crappies

Reactions: chrismunn
81 - 89 of 89 Posts