Bass Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
By all means....I am not advocating it, just that my opinion is exactly that...an opinion. Just have a hard time with people making idle threats towards those that have legally done nothing wrong. To advocate that kind of behavior is fairly short sighted and childish...in my honest opinion. I absolutely understand that this is a fishing forum, so I understand that it can be a hard pill to swallow seeing a bertha being permanently removed from the water.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
yeah, I don't advocate threatening people who keep big fish or intimidating them. I just think that we all need to do our part in educating fellow anglers, whether it be on the water or the interwebs. To see people come to the defense of blatant disregard for the conservation and sustainability of a resource that I truelly cherish and love grinds my gears a bit. And I love a good, civil, educated argument...and fortunately we are proving we are capable of that.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Waiting for Lake Austin to become a slot lake for LMB. Maybe 14-28"

Just thinking..... Plenty other lakes to fish around Austin.

IMO

·
Registered
762 Posts
I always thought Austin would be a good slot lake give it's size. You guys don't need to take my comments so seriously. I don't have a problem with hauling fish around in a livewell all day. I just don't think what that guy did under the bridge was something to get all fired up about. If it is the same guy that I talked to it's just a poor black guy trying to catch some fish. Telling him he needs to let his fish sandwich off the stringer just isn't gonna register. He doesn't care how big the fish is. That's just more fish to eat. I really just get a kick out of this more than anything else that people want to get mad at this guy. After all, did he really do anything wrong?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
JUST TO CLARIFY....I'M NOT DOGGING HIM OR ANYBODY ELSE FOR DOING WHAT IS HIS LEGAL RIGHT AND HE WHEN SAID HAVING A FISH FRY WITH HIS "BOYS", HE DID NOT MEAN HIS SONS. HE WAS REFERRING TO HIS FRIENDS THAT WERE COMING DOWN FROM WACO THIS WEEKEND. IT STILL MADE ME SICK THOUGH!!!!

He said he had his scale and weighed the fish from Monday. Even if his scale was 2-3lbs off, those are large fish.

I tried taking pics, but he was bouncing the rope around to much. Here's the 2 pics I got though.

·
Registered
379 Posts
There is a little bit of an elitist culture to this forum. I love reading & putting my 2 cents in but if the dude was legal, let it go. It's not anyone's lake. A bat? really
I do however believe that anything caught with any size during spawn, should be released. There are plenty of bucket ponds to go to if you NEED to eat. Or just wait a while until mama drops her load.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I did educate this guy on the spawning fish and how it protects the fishery. I wasn't rude or an a$$ to him by any means and even wished him luck. He did say he was eating them and that goes a long way compared to some hunters I know that kill for sport then could give a rats behind about the meat they don't eat. I make a living helping people catch fish, BUT I'm also required to protect those very fish that are caught and the environment they live in.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
the ironic part is the some folks who preach conservation of LMB go to the coast and keep limits of 15 inch trout.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
the ironic part is the some folks who preach conservation of LMB go to the coast and keep limits of 15 inch trout.
That would be the equivalent of keeping a limit of 14-15 inch LMBs, no shortage of them, get after it.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I grew up fishing the coast and size and numbers are different today than in the past. Number of fisherman at the Texas coast is obviously larger than the number of fisherman on any given lake. I just think its funny how folks decide which species needs to be protected and which ones don't.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
And this thread is in the wrong section! :p

·
Registered
179 Posts
Actually, it was a great fishing report... Big bass are biting under 360 bridge on live bream (blugill). Brian even stated that this is a consistent pattern, as these big ass fish have been staged there feeding for several days. I'm headed to pick up some earth worms, small hooks, grease and cornmeal...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
BIG A$$ BASSES ARE SPAWNING AND APPARENTLY EATING UNDER THE 360 BRIDGE ON BLUEGILL PATTERN SWIMBAITS!

My bad! I should have put that in the opening sentence on the first post.

Carry on.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts