Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to the steps today to see if I could get anything. I arrived around 10:30 AM and stayed until about 1:30 PM. The water is still pretty murky. and it was very windy, which didn't help. I only caught 1 dink male white bass and that was it. I was fishing with jigs, curly tail,s and lil fishies in various colors. I saw a couple flash my lure, but I only caught the one dink. There were a lot minnows or shad and it looked like they were spawning near the bank in some areas. There were 6 cars when I arrived but, 13 when I left. I did not see anyone with fish, but one guy said that some guys had a mixed bag from near the primitive ramp. He said that was earlier in the morning.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
fished w. Phu upstream from steps for abt 3 hrs this afternoon, and he killed them most of the day! nobody else catching anything, and he yanked in one after another, including one of the largest male WBs i've seen. he limited out by late morning and was giving away fish to stay under his limit. saw a dozen or so fishers other than Phu during the time i was there, and maybe a total of 5-6 fish caught. Phu is a magician! and a swell guy to fish with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fished w. Phu upstream from steps for abt 3 hrs this afternoon, and he killed them most of the day! nobody else catching anything, and he yanked in one after another, including one of the largest male WBs i've seen. he limited out by late morning and was giving away fish to stay under his limit. saw a dozen or so fishers other than Phu during the time i was there, and maybe a total of 5-6 fish caught. Phu is a magician! and a swell guy to fish with.
I guess I should have stuck around for the lesson! No worries though, definitely better than work!

·
Registered
17 Posts
it was indeed a lesson! i fished same water he fished, same tackle, bait, presentation, etc. and.............nada!
Sometimes this happens. How about the water flow is? Sometimes, it is matter. See how much weight of his lure is, where his lure hits the water, then how long he waits before pull. His lure may just drift into a group of fish. But, if you just 2 or 3 feet away from him, even using the same tackle, the result may be totally opposite, unless you can make your lure drift to the same spot as his and use the same way to pull it back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Olintx I was at the step yesterday too fishing upstream from the step and the water is more clear there. I was there @9am and got my limit by noon was thinking of go grab a bite but decided to stay back and help a fellow that I met out there(Sam) he was fishing in the same hole I was and I show him what to do and moment later he was catching them good he left with 20..bout time he left Fishzan shows up and we fish trade fish stories and than it got slow until we moved to a different hole and man it was on. Countless missed hook set but caught some huge whites out of that hole.FIshzan thanks for the kind words.if any of ya see me out there stop by we can trade fish stories..after Fishzan left a fellow abf AUstinjoe shows up and we fish a lil longer caught some more but My stomach was calling me so I called it a day around 6..funny thing is I caught well over 50 keepers white but came home empty handed..rest assure I didn't keep all those fish I release all the one that's between 10-11in unless they take it deep...give Sam about 15 and have AUstinjoe bout 10 and that's my limit

·
Registered
689 Posts
Thanks for the reports guys.

Wish I was out there today, I bet it's going to be busy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts