Bass Fishing Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I'm going out to Bastrop Saturday morning and have an open back seat. If you're a regular poster on this site and would like my back seat, PM me.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Gary's got the right idea. Give and you will recieve.

I've GPS'd a lot of his holes and caught many fish out of them while drinking his beer so I don't hesitate to give him black senkos when he doesn't have any. :cool:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Gary, I have done the same thing several times. Once on Travis on a nice spot that I have and only few really fish. There was a guy fishing from the dock with his son and they couldnt catch anything. I was getting great bites on my shakey head and he had no clue what they were. So I gave him some hooks and baits in a few different colors, showed him what they did, how to fish them ect.. He caught some fish that day and was very appreciative. And as you stated, it made me feel good to help someone else out.

I fish for fun. I fish tourneys just because theres a small chance to get paid to fish for fun. :)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
when they're schooling around me i'll wave another boat over that isn't finding fish. is that wrong? lol if someone is an a-hole about this sport, where fish seem to move to different areas hour by hour, day by day, throughout the year, and bite all kinds of different lures and colors, and you never know what kind of day you might have, and there are so many variables...i say sink 'em! lol life's too short not to help someone else. plus, you never know, that a-hole might need a tow some day, and they'll wish they hadn't been a-holes...
sac & pac! that's my store! nobody else go in there! and they have e85 gas! don't put it in the boat!
went out today for a coupla hours and caught 3 and 2 misses. one was when i was just holding the rod in my right hand and picked up the phone to check the time...felt the tug...lol...9:30...ya never know...the wind was blowing pretty good...
will be there tomorrow, friday. gonna fish long time...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
when they're schooling around me i'll wave another boat over that isn't finding fish. is that wrong? lol if someone is an a-hole about this sport, where fish seem to move to different areas hour by hour, day by day, throughout the year, and bite all kinds of different lures and colors, and you never know what kind of day you might have, and there are so many variables...i say sink 'em! lol life's too short not to help someone else. plus, you never know, that a-hole might need a tow some day, and they'll wish they hadn't been a-holes...
Well said, Bill. A part of this that pissed me off so much is that the schooling action gives anglers the added bonus of some damn fun camaraderie. Face it, with 25+ boats out there bumping hulls, you get to meet some other fishermen whether you want to or not. The unspoken rule is "Don't be a dick," i.e., don't troll right through a school, cut off another boat's access to a school, fire up the motor while close to schooling action, etc. I've met some of the nicest people while chasing schoolies. And I've seen situations like you've pointed out...someone trolls up next to another boat and asks for a tip when they're not catching...the other boat tosses a bag of baits over. It's the most fun I've had fishing among strangers and I've met some really nice people while doing it.

If anyone's out there on Sunday, make sure you say Hi to CD (Hubbs). He'll be out there with a backseater as yet undetermined. Look for the 18' black & white Skeeter and a redneck wearing a goofy guide hat. :)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
We have our tourny saturday night into sunday morning and then Marcus and I will be out there in our yaks chasing them. Give me a shout if you see us......you can't miss me. Look up the definition of a "trophy" and then you will be able to spot me! LMAO

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
We have our tourny saturday night into sunday morning and then Marcus and I will be out there in our yaks chasing them. Give me a shout if you see us......you can't miss me. Look up the definition of a "trophy" and then you will be able to spot me! LMAO
Wishing you guys the best of luck with your tourney. Looking forward to seeing the results!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Seriously? Someone called you about a launcher?

Use them all the time is saltwater, one of my favorite tarpon/jetty methods. 12' rod, Penn spinner with 400 yds of 20lb braid with mono backing.

You can read a book in the time it takes your bait to land. :c-yes2:

Never used them in freshwater, then again, I never fish Bastrop and they are not needed on Travis.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts