Bass Fishing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Really, Matt? You're one of the one's who called our friend?
Yea right! I don't anyone on here let alone your phone #
Hell, I'm the only idiot that has no f-in clue what these Launchers even are or how to use um,but I don't think I would have been as nice to whoever called and probably would have posted a pic on every thred just to piss them off. I'll bet thats why I'm so liked around here!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Screw the launcher, I was killing them on my 805RM Dobyn's and Cotton Cordell Gay Blades! Slinging them a mile! Darn, shouldn't of said anything, I have a tourney Saturday night.

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Well.. I am lost for words.. I never post anything will help any fisherman on Bastrop. Please do not fish Bastrop. There are no fish in that lake.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Uh, the secret is actually to go out there during the week when there's only 4-5 boats. I haven't kept any fish but seems to me there's plenty of bites to be had. I haven't thrown a launcher and have had a blast the last couple of weeks. Sorry to spoil anything.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I love this post. I cant believe you got called on this. I personally am not affraid to share what I learn on my own since its not a great secret to me. I would keep quite if I was given tips and asked not to share them. But for someone to post something on this, when it is very clear to see what these guys are doing then I dont see the issue. Hell, you cant hide that big ass cork thingy they are using.

Now I run off to the stores to find me one of them thingys. :) I wonder if they would work anywhere? I also like Lances idea. We should hit the lake this weekend with 20+ boats all throwing the same thing into the schoolies. That will piss them off and make them find another lake to fish. LOL

And DW, anytime you need a backseat ride, you just holla.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
A few years ago we were on Bastrop and catching tons o fish on white flukes. Does everyone know what a white fluke looks like? Anyway, a man and his wife next to us couldn't catch anything while everyone else was hammering them. He finally eased over and asked what we were catching them on and I told him. He didn't have any flukes said he didn't fish them, so I gave him a pack. Later he came back by and was so excited, raved about how well he and his wife were doing and was so appreciative that I gave him those baits. Several things happened that day, he and his wife were able to catch some fish and he showed his appreciation for the tip. But really it was me that got the biggest thrill knowing I helped out a fellow angler. I understand the Tourny guys and guides not giving info away but to share some info especially on Bastrop schoolies might do some good for everyone.
Now DW I am agitated that you have not posted pictures!:p

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Ihope the SuperNovas aren't such a secret reeeeellll sssooonnnn!!!

First of all launchers are for sissies... If you want to sling **** a mile use a water bobber..
BTW they are made by Rainbow tackle. Trey please pick me up a couple when you go to buy them out..

Second, I would put that assclown on the "Do Not Call or I'll put my foot in your ass list...

·
Registered
468 Posts
DW you have more control than I do, which I applaud you for. It is sad that this is what the world has come to. Bastrop is where I choose to fish, it is the only lake that has some of the nicest people fishing it. I have been given countless lures to try there( when I was learning the lake) everytime I thank whoever gave them to me then pay it forward with the next guy. Bastrop to me is a great learning lake, I now get to learn how to use GPS on it, and if someone get that butt hurt over what lure is being posted maybe they need to go to the big boy store and then go to a differnt lake, bastrop is no secret to anyone anymore.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My boys and I were there at 6:30 last Saturday morning getting our rig ready. Buddy of mine pulls up and we get to talking back and forth, he asks the age old question and I tell him. Some yahoo a few boats down starts whining that I told him, oh well. We have been using tiny flukes of various colors, really does not seem to matter and the clear tough bubble bobbers, cast a country mile brothers! This time of year I love living 5 minutes from LB, boat stays hooked to the truck, yesterday was the first day in 8 that we did not go. See ya there today though!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
But really it was me that got the biggest thrill knowing I helped out a fellow angler.
Amen to that Gary, it's all about growing the sport! I try to do it as much as possible and it's a good feeling for me when sharing the very little bit I know might help someone catch a new PB or make their next trip out more enjoyable.

Booker busted out a launcher at the ABF Bastrop tourney and there was a caption on the package that said something like, "Cast Baits Farther...Impress Your Friends!" We didn't catch squat on that rig and I think he got tired of hearing "I'm not impressed" after every other cast for about half an hour.

Here's another highly kept secret that's about to be revealed...flipping a Sweet Beaver in California 420 with a 1 oz weight on Austin will probably get you bit.

Ya think?

61 - 80 of 91 Posts