Bass Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
That's pretty rude that someone asked you to remove pics. My last report on strop was pretty limited info for a couple of reasons. One was that we were about to fish the abf tournament. The second was providing specifics on how to catch bass in a specific location will exploit the resource to some degree. The people that lurk on this forum don't deserve that much good info. just the people that post up and participate are the only one's who deserve a planned out fishing trip laid in your lap. and even then there's no guarantee you'll hammer them

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I hear ya, Matt. If it's tournament season and the info hasn't been put out there before, I can totally see keeping it to yourself. But if it's info that's been published on this forum alone at least a dozen times, I don't understand why anyone's getting their shorts in a bind. "Launcher" and "soft plastic" was all that was said in the post in question...not one word about rigging specs, plastic type, color, or size. Again, "c-rig," "launcher," and "soft-plastic" were the only specific terms used in Patrick's report. Nothing that hasn't already been published online at ABF, TTZ, The Statesman, and a number of other places. I'm well aware of the hundreds of lurkers here and that's why I'd never post the specifics of the rig we use or let anyone we host do it.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
That caller is taking douchbaggery to a whole new level. The use of launchers has been common knowledge for years, not just on Bastrop but many other lakes as well.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think it is pathetic for someone to ask you to remove pics and post. What is the purpose of this forum if not to share bass fishing stories and tips and techniques that were successful? Isn't that the very premise for this, for us to share and gather knowledge. Really pisses me off that those a-holes had the nerve to request you remove it. For those that made this request, stop perusing this forum because in doing so you are a hypocrite.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
That's pretty rude that someone asked you to remove pics. My last report on strop was pretty limited info for a couple of reasons. One was that we were about to fish the abf tournament. The second was providing specifics on how to catch bass in a specific location will exploit the resource to some degree. The people that lurk on this forum don't deserve that much good info. just the people that post up and participate are the only one's who deserve a planned out fishing trip laid in your lap. and even then there's no guarantee you'll hammer them
Well said bro! I don't mind giving out some info if you fish with me. I however have little to offer people who just ask "what bait do you use and where do I to to catch a lot of fish". Most people that are decent at fishing have put in the time to get to that point. So why on earth would they want to give that knowledge to some random pot licking joe schmoe?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Even though I think it is sooo ridiculous to call someone to remove pics and infos (especially in this case), I'm very sorry you have so much trouble because of my report :(

Why does the person want us to remove this information? Launcher and Soft plastic (and C-Rig) are very gerneral information, that's like saying "I fished with a bobber (and a natural bait)"... Just from knowing you use a bobber, nobody knows what kind of lure you use. It could be worm, corn, bread, baitfish, and so on.
And that you can catch a ton of Bass on Lake Bastrop is no secret anymore. There are so many reports about days with high numbers :eek:

Too bad it's the same everywhere, we have people like the one who called you in Germany, too. Very bad.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
So why on earth would they want to give that knowledge to some random pot licking joe schmoe?
I made that mistake a few times, til I caught on. Saw my spots overrun with people and/or tracks.

I don't think you did anything wrong, DW. When I asked Patrick what bait ya'll were using with the launcher and got a vague response, I got the hint. Nothing wrong with that and I admired how Patrick showed loyalty to the people that put him on fish. That's the way it should be, in my book.

Like you say, enough hints about what to use were given. And, to me, half the fun is the mental aspect of figuring it out.

I always remember better when I have to figure it out myself.

Thanks for your reports and good luck!

Carl

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Even though I think it is sooo ridiculous to call someone to remove pics and infos (especially in this case), I'm very sorry you have so much trouble because of my report :(

Why does the person want us to remove this information? Launcher and Soft plastic (and C-Rig) are very gerneral information, that's like saying "I fished with a bobber (and a natural bait)"... Just from knowing you use a bobber, nobody knows what kind of lure you use. It could be worm, corn, bread, baitfish, and so on.
And that you can catch a ton of Bass on Lake Bastrop is no secret anymore. There are so many reports about days with high numbers :eek:

Too bad it's the same everywhere, we have people like the one who called you in Germany, too. Very bad.
Don't give it another thought, Patrick. You didn't post a single thing that gave away "secret" information. Some people are just complete jerks. If we should get another call, the caller will be told to "Have a Coke and smile and shut the **** up." I don't think we'll be hearing from them again though. My threat to expose the entire rig seems to have worked. I do feel bad for CD though. He's not happy about my rant here on the forum and is probably wishing he hadn't mentioned the call he received. He actually gets at least 3 calls per year asking him to "control his wife" by various people. :) Sorry, Hubbs, this is the price you pay for being married to a chick from NJ/NY and wicked stick at that!!! <3

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
He actually gets at least 3 calls per year asking him to "control his wife" by various people. :) Sorry, Hubbs, this is the price you pay for being married to a chick from NJ/NY and wicked stick at that!!! <3
Now that's funny, I know how CD feels there....

Anyone ever tells me that, I tell them to go tell her yourself! That has worked 100% of the time so far

·
Registered
629 Posts
I sure had an awesome trip today out to unnamed lake, I caught #*$ fish I was using a --------- lure that I picked up from #*%&^ and around xxxx they really started biting. I hope this report helps you guys/gals get on some fish!

(names/dates/times/pertinent info was all removed to protect the innocent)....welcome to the ABF Angler Protection Program.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts