Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I think that the great majority of blacks in this lake are following/feeding on schooling shad. It make it real tough on worm fishermen.
In another month or so, they should be busting on top. Until then, it's mostly hit and MISS.
A friend and I fished overnight Thursday night for cats, and caught several in the 4-5lb. range in < 7' of water.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Shad colored cranks that dive 8-10ft run parallel to the bank will catch fish all the time. Just keep them bumping the rocks and stumps and be ready.

For good chunk rock, throw a shakey head in watermelon red around the visible chunk rock and around the water pipes (might have to get closer than the required 200ft to reach the pipes).

Another area I did pretty well on the lastime out is along thr river banks in the middle of the lake that are right below the surface on the upper end of the lake. They have rocks and stumps on them, and a pretty quick drop off into the channel. They were either on the deep side or the shady side of the bigger stumps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I caught one that went 8 lbs. --25 inches on a weightless fluke. Shad color, 5/0 thick wire hook for a faster fall. Bouncing off the bottom with an occasional twitch. Main lake points with large rocks 3-6ft off the shoreline. Pattern held up until 9:00am. 9 fish; 5 under 12inches, 3 around 13 inches, 15 inch spot & the big one. (she came right at 7:00)

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Ranger_R77 and me are fishing this Wednesday on Georgetown for our APBC tournament from probably around 6AM until 4PM. Hope we have better luck in this heat. Will let you know how we do. If any one can put us on some fish, Robert should be able to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
405546585557340 said:
Highly doubtful Tuna, it's about a $10,000 fine for that kind of ass-hat-ness, I don't think a fisherman of Heals' caliber would be bragging about it in public ;)
Me either!!!

Travis wouldn't do that. Last time Toma fished with him, he was afraid to take his own fish off the hook!! :p

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hey, don't think it hasn't crossed my mind!  When I was starting out fishing in Texas I wasn't as aware of some of the regulations and I caught a baby bass at barton creek that was literally the size of my pinky. He was perfectly lipped on a tiny white spinner and I immediately thought that it would be a sweet bait/lure.

Luckily a buddy from work was VERY quick to point out that using a sport fish as bait will get you a massive fine if caught by a ranger (_77?)

These days I read the TPWD license booklet like a hawk from cover to cover every August :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: The Dead Sea ( Lake Georgetown) Whites Starting to Bite

I was in academy and heard a guy saying he saw bank fisher catching whites. It was the guys who use giant saltwater rig, put big honking white/orange bobber on and add a small white jig 3 feet down. The splash the bobber with a fast retrieve and catch whites on almost every cast.

The blacks are schooling too. They want a very small lure that looks like a shad. Clear and/or chrome/black are working well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.