CHECK http://www.texasoutdoorzone.com EACH WEEK FOR ADDITIONAL PRIZES AND NEWS

**THOSE WHO ENTER BY SEPTEMBER 10 WILL BE IN DRAWING FOR A NEW TOZ ROD **

******A $300 Value - Custom made to the TOZ Bass Team specifications!*******

In Conjuction with:

The Ultimate Kids' Fishing Contest

Where: Lake Travis---Tournament Point

Times: 9:00am - 1:00pm

Prizes: Include Tropies, Fishing Gear, Gift Certificates and much more

Entry forms are at local Academy's and Fishfinders Marine.

Also you can obtain additional information at:
http://www.texasoutdoorzone.com

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a rule clarification:

20. Lake Travis will be off limits for tournament fishermen from Monday Sept. 25, 2006 till tournament begins Sept. 29,
6:30am.

**You can actually get on the water at 5am the morning of the tourney. Just can't make first cast until 6:30am.

Thanks! :)

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good question bqk! Here are some options-

*NEW UPDATE - NEW UPDATE - NEW UPDATE - NEW UPDATE*
Entries will be taken courtesy of these two friends of CTBC 07 and CTBC 07 until THURSDAY SEPT. 27, 2007 - 5PM - *Exact Cash and/or Money Order or Checks ONLY.

*South Lamar Animal Hospital - 2414 B. South Lamar,(@Bluebonnet) Austin, Texas - 512/ 441-3192 - Dr. Buck

*Fish Finders Marine Electronics - 1101 N. Industrial #E, Round Rock, Texas - 512/ 248-8348 - Jackie Roberts

*We will also accept registrations till 8PM on Friday night at Tournament Point and from 5AM till 6:30 AM at the entrance to Pace Bend Park and at Tournament Point as well.

Thanks all!!

· Banned
1,010 Posts
Charles Whitehead and partner won the CTBC on Lake Travis today with 13.0 lbs ($2000 first place).  BIG congrats to Grnhead and Airfob and the Waldrop's for getting ABF on the board in the top 15 places.  Big bass for the day was 4.x lbs.  There were 68 total teams.

Overall I thought the event was a great success.  Very well organized and catered to the fishermen.  The HUGE all you can eat (and drink) catfish lunch buffet was a great way to end the day on the water.  BIG thanks to Texas Outdoor Zone, Academy, and the FOM crew (Jeff, Gary, and many more) for a great fall open T on Lake Travis!!  My only recommendation for next year is to call my raffle number for the $100 Academy gift card! :)

Lastly, BIG thanks to RudeHO for providing the backseat for me today.  We had a blast catching at least 25 fish.  Unfortunately we had a lot of LTS (lake Travis specials) at 13 - 13 1/2 inches.  Our sack weighed 6.95lbs total.  We fished from Arkansas Bend up to the split at the CO and Perd river.  There was a great moving bait bite this morning that eventually died off to the usual LT finesse bite by late morning.  Overall, a GREAT day on the water!  The only thing I would have changed to make it better would have been to bring home a check!  Oh well, we'll get 'em next time.

PS.  TJ from Texas Outdoor Zone (AM 1300) and Clint from Academy did a great job promoting the ABF at the event today.  Clint also gave us some Academy swag to give out at the next HHJ on Sat, 10/6.

-Rich

· Banned
5,438 Posts
GOT to GIVE PROPS to the TOZ guys, this is a first class T!!!! The catfish and free beer ( was that outloud.. 8) was first class.

We missed too many free chances to get into the real money...just bad luck, and for those keeping score at home, don't ask me about longshank spinnerbaits...ok?

Anyways, great T and tons of fun - can't wait till next year...

· Banned
1,010 Posts
I think I saw a video recently on the long shank spinnerbaits ;D Based on the "on the water" test today, it appears they aren't "Swamp Donkee" worthy!

Don't beat yourselves up too bad. 10+ lbs was a respectable sack of fish. Good practice for the FOM Open on Lake T on 11/10!

Good seeing you guys out there today!

-Rich

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
I have heard form FOb.. He is sawing some logs right about now.. ;D

Nice going on the Long Shank T-dub, Heard that is your speciality ;D

EA

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.