Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand how to fish a t-rig on the bottom, but do not understand how to fish them around boat docs that are in 40+ feet of water. I'm assuming you're not getting them to the bottom in places like Travis where the docs are on top of 70 FOW.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I peg a small weight to a craw and skip it way up under there and try to get a bite on the fall on those deeper docks. But for me the sweet spot is finding docks hovering over 20-40 FOW with deeper water nearby, which helps keep the water temps stable and the fish happy. But honestly I don't fish docks an awful lot on Travis, I find too many fish on deep ledges to bother with docks.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Docks on Travis need to be fished in the bright sunlight preferably in low wind conditions so that shallow fish will migrate to the shade of the dock. With ALL of the trees and brush providing the same cover in less than 20 feet of water the docks are marginally productive. What Mat ATX said but I prefer to use a faster sinking stick bait like Yum Dinger or SENKO fished weightless and skipped under the docks. Find docks in less than 20 ft of water for best productivity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts