Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out guys!  You probably know Justin Rackley, the guy from A&M who was a collegiate champ in '07.  He is now a PAA angler, and a real good guy.  He came up with an idea to promote competitive fishing in our Texas high schools, so recently started the Texas High School Bass Championship.  The info is below, but it is slated for the 5th & 6th of June at Belton out of Temple Lake Park.  If you know a high school kid who may be interested, check out the site below for the skinny.
TTZ will be there to assist with the weigh-in.  Let's support these young men and a women as they are introduced to the greatest sport in the world!

http://www.texashighschoolbasschampionship.com/index.html

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Congrats to our very own Jake Read and his partner Evan for placing third this weekend in the first ever Texas High School Bass Championship!

Since they were under the age of 18 they had to have an adult operate the big motor, but everything else was on them.  Jake and Evan will be freshmen at Rouse HS in the fall and were the youngest competitors at the event; at only 13 years old Jake already has an impressive resume under his belt and we're glad to have him on the TTZ team!

Special thanks to the Rackleys for organizing and getting the tournament together and congrats to all the young men that fished.  We hope to make this event bigger and better next year and eventually grow it to the level of collegiate fishing.

Complete results and coverage will be up later this week.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Very nice Jake, your dad is proud I'm sure. I'm sure you'll have a lot of great years of big fish ahead of you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey I would like to start off by saying thanks to the Rackleys for putting this tournament together , also the TTZ . You guys did an awesome job. I took the Llano High School team of Kassidy Pitcox and Storey Tatsch which came in second place. Were all proud of them for there hard work, I know that every team that was there had tuff fishing days, and for these boys and girl to hang through both days says alot about them. I know my boys couldn't stop talking about the experience and were already making plans for the World Finals in Arkansas. So once again Thanks!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks basscatchr! Also, congrat to Kassidy and Storey for the second place finish. Had a chance to talk to them at weigh-in...great young men for sure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts