Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats Larry and Kevin, you guys are on a roll! Had 2 unders and one over, the over was under 5 lbs ??? I don't think any of our 5 lbers from Monday were over 21", all were right around 20" and fat as heck.

From what I hear that lake is still on fire.

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
If you're out to catch alot of slot fish, yes the lake is on fire. On any other day, it would have been an awesome day (slot fish wise).

I dunno, we had 2 srubs and an over that weighed 4.79 (she was skinny) which was caught about 12min before weigh in. Basically we were lucky. Early I had a 20 3/4" the was definately over 5lbs, fat little girl.

We saw plenty of under keepers but they were either skittish or were bullied bu the slot fish.

We ended up fishing 3 seperate locations which all produced moslty slot fish.

Congrats also to Adrian S. and Dean A. for 3rd and The Decker Guys (sorry- bad with names) as they too received cash for their finish.

kp

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah, pretty much the same story with me. As far a catching fish...no problem, probably caught 20 fish today but catching keepers was a different story. I only had one keeper, 13 7/8", out of all those. I put all my eggs in one basket today and stayed in one cove all day long, never got out of it. I chased some schoolies late trying to pick up some smaller fish , but was wasting too much time waiting for them to show themselves instead of fishing. I had two different people cancel on me that were gonna fish with me so I was by myself, so that might have put the odds against me.......better to have two sticks in the boat instead of just one.
Anyway, good time.....good fishing!!

Congrats swimbait !!! I saw you in line and was wondering if that was you? (I recognized you from some pics on here)

Noel

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Hey, Noel I passed you up again but didn't realize that was you. I was with Rex in a Sprint boat. I was lookin at your boat going, what is that and Rex said it was an Astro. Thats a pretty boat for sure. Next time I will holler at you. ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
jukebox212003 said:
Hey, Noel I passed you up again but didn't realize that was you. I was with Rex in a Sprint boat. I was lookin at your boat going, what is that and Rex said it was an Astro. Thats a pretty boat for sure. Next time I will holler at you. ;)

Damn Juke wished you would've stopped. Was the Sprint boat kinda gold colored.....trying to remember???

Noel

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Emett, he was in the T on Sat (I rode to the lake with him).

He will be on the forum soon.

That guy you met fished Bastrop all the time. He and his parnter had 5 ealry and then culled up to a bigger 5.

I think there was onlyaobut 4 limits brought in.

HH- We really had no pattern. Fish were scholling but were slots. In the HWD I focussedon the smaller fish on the sides of the HWD but like I mentioned, they were bullied by the slot fish. Caught fish on C-Rig Flukes, BBH, and Senkos. Dad caught a couple on a crank but most came on Senkos and flukes.

kp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah that was me in the bag. We ended up with 6 unders best 5 at 6.16 which put us .01lbs from 5th place just missing the $. Not bad for 2nd tourney ever. One just under 14 was caught with white fluke, all others were schoolies. About 30min before weight in I think we caught around 15 fish in 25min off the south shore schooling. Total fish caught was between 50-60 fish between the two of us with only 6 unders. Most were around 15 to 16 inch Chunks with a handful of 6in dinks. Great tourney though can't wait for next year.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Congrats, sounds like you had a great time. And did pretty good for your second turney. I guess you live pretty close to me, I am just a couple blocks from the Wag A Bag. If you get some time to fish during the weekdays give me call. I can hook up the boat and het the lake.
Good talking to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah it sounds like we live pretty close. I live down in South Creek. I usually fish Wed-Fri atleast once a week on either Stillhouse, Austin, or Bastrop. Never taken my boat on any other lake but would like to fish new lakes this year and would def help with gas. We should def hook up one of these weeks soon. Your Boat or mine. Schoolies should be in full swing on Bastrop or Stillhouse soon. This week I will be going Bastrop with my buddy. But we can def hook up sometime soon. E-mail is [email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.