Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
1,528 Posts
I've been playing a lot more golf than slinging big baits. It's a real beat down on Lake Austin now. I think I have 2 fish this year on big swimbaits, largest about 4 lbs. I go mainly to run the boat. The really bad thing right now is that the water that I have at my house is pulled from Lake Austin by the Water District. The District puts so many chemicals in the water to treat it now, it's not safe to drink. Not a biologist, but the downturn of the water quality is lock step with the removal of the vegetation. But I did make my first hole-in-one on Memorial Day...so there's that!

·
Banned
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nice on the Ace, Alan.

I went in and cleaned up a few things, was out of town last week. Keep 'em coming if you see crap that needs to be removed and I will eventually get to it.

Matt,
I may take you up on the fishing offer. I got into mtn biking a few years ago when I moved up here but lower back issues keeps me off it. That and the sugar diabetus. I will have your number, I will text u.

TDub

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Hey TDub et al,

I sold my Triton 240LTS and bought a ranch. Going to have to buy a new boat soon because I am so close to Bastrop now.. lol. May just get a pontoon simply because it holds more drinks and a grill.. heh

Seriously, just checking in as I am getting an itch to take my 7yr old fishing this weekend. Since no boat, may just need to hire a guide for crappie or something if I cannot locate a good shoreline spot for them.

I used to fish Granger off Willis Creek at night, but have not heard that is active atm.

Anyway, just stopped in to say howdy.

Russ

21 - 23 of 23 Posts