Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings old ABF brethren. Obviously, I don't check this site but had some time to kill and thought I would drop by. Place is a freaking wreck! You guys should fire your admins. Anyway, I updated my contact info so now if you report a post that needs moderation or need to get in touch with me, simply send a PM and I will be alerted. Prior notifications were going to an old email address I no longer check.

Can't promise any miracles, but just looking at a few of the recent posts a lot of the gang is still around and I would like to help.

So there you have it.

Also, if you need any advice on life, fertility, beer pairings or breakfast food suggestions, I am always here.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
whats up buddy. Yes the ole abf is a shell of what it used to be but maybe new life breathes back in just with your post. I still post here because I have a hard time loving facebook for some reason. Even though abf is now your one stop shop for counterfeit bills and fake id's, it still somewhat feels like home.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Who needs counterfeit, when you could probably give someone a $200 bill and they would believe its real.

Welcome back TDUB

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just curious ... I suppose I'm relatively new, but what is it with people and their disdain for this site?
Its like one is expected to preamble a post with how much this site sucks ... yet still post ...
Almost like going to the same bad restaurant eating the same bad meal for breakfast every day

I get plenty of help here, have tried to help others and even found the perfect bass club for me, the best boat mechanic(s) in town and someone I consider my fishing guru. All through this site.
I like this site.

I'll probably get flamed for this ... flame away

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Well, you know how people hate Austin that grew up there...Well, that is what this site has become.

This site is a shell of what it used to be since the destruction of Lake Austin and Ladybird with invasive species.

Some of the best threads have been deleted from this site.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Well, you know how people hate Austin that grew up there...Well, that is what this site has become.

This site is a shell of what it used to be since the destruction of Lake Austin and Ladybird with invasive species.

Some of the best threads have been deleted from this site.
BASS72 speaks with straight tongue. The demise of Lake Austin had a lot to do with it, as well as the change in administration/ownership.

Even though I never fished the Wednesday-Nighters, all the chatter by Trey, Lance, Andy Nuyen, Waylon Pabst, et al. kept my interest up when I'd hit LA, which was about 3-4 times a week back in the day. Back when a good fish was a relatively common catch on that lake and I wondered by how much the Waldrop brothers were gonna take home after the Weds. nighter.

"Look for it only in books, for it is nothing more than a dream remembered, a Civilization gone with the wind..."

·
Registered
762 Posts
Definitely a lot of regulars don't seem to be on the site anymore. I just figured some of them have moved to new areas. I think the prolonged drought we had and the destruction of lake Austin didn't provide the bountiful fishing we've enjoyed in years past. I guess it's not fun to post when the fishing isn't as good. I also think there are a lot of guys that go all in for a hobby like fishing for a while but then suddenly switch to another all in hobby and seemingly disappear? Who knows but the site has definitely changed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just curious ... I suppose I'm relatively new, but what is it with people and their disdain for this site?
Its like one is expected to preamble a post with how much this site sucks ... yet still post ...
Almost like going to the same bad restaurant eating the same bad meal for breakfast every day

I get plenty of help here, have tried to help others and even found the perfect bass club for me, the best boat mechanic(s) in town and someone I consider my fishing guru. All through this site.
I like this site.

I'll probably get flamed for this ... flame away
I joined in just in time to witness the die off. I agree good people and info are still around, but the sheer number of posts went from averaging closer to 74 a day to what is it now at probably 10. Everything from reports, things for sale, and flaming the kids with knuckle tats used to provide traffic.

A ton of forums are dying as they move to facebook, youtube etc. Places like TTF have seen a slow down for sure. That forum was becoming a advertisement for peoples youtube channels before they finally starting moderating them.

People are still fishing and talking about it just as much without Lake Austin being a mecca, so I dont buy that. Combined with (1)changing age group and fishing culture (2) new ownership (its a bit petty, but it was a good time to say goodbye as a lot of people stopped posting after having to change their password) (3) less active and different mods not allowing some of the off topic BS traffic while allowing spam (4) TTZ forum being launched (although it doesnt have much traffic, a bunch of regulars seemed to hop over there) - there just isnt as much traffic or reason check here multiple times a day. People are less willing to put up reports and specific information knowing the regulars arnt around that might actually give useful feedback/etc as opposed to lurkers just looking to potlick.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Somebody posted recently that Andy moved to the Houston area. But that was unofficial.

·
Banned
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What up Dub, Matt, Justin, Alan, Big James?

Hope everyone is doing well!
:beerchug:
BIG WORM! Friend of years, friend of tears. How you been bud? You should send me a text and get caught up, I been catching random slab crappie and got no coon ass to drop them off at anymore...

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
What up Dub, Matt, Justin, Alan, Big James?

Hope everyone is doing well!
:beerchug:

What's up brother!? Doing good! I bought a shoal water and have been hitting up the coast as of late. I'm down for fishing or mountainbiking---Need to stave off the beer gut!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts