Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received two, strange Private Messages from a new user that just signed up May of 2016 (I don't recall the user's name unfortunately) The messages only contained what looked like a link to ABF.com and nothing else. It looked suspicious so I did not click the link and deleted the messages.

Has anyone else received weird PMs from unknown users lately?

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
I received some suspicious private messages back in 2008 of guys I didn't know who wanted to meet up with me and get to know each other. The messages were really creepy and had me worried that I was being stalked by some rainbow anglers. It turned out to be a buddy of mine who created the forum names of "minnow muncher" and "bobber slobber" and was playing a trick on me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I found em, it was user: nikiforovae1988. They just signed up yesterday, 5/11/16. And to be clear, I'm not sure this was a scam - it was just two weird messages. Maybe they just don't know how to navigate the forum and sent the messages by accident.

·
Administrator
163 Posts
Found the user. They joined on May 11, stayed online a grand total of 3 mins, and have not been back since. Without the message contents, I can't be sure if Spam, so I put them into moderation. They are blocked from messaging anyone but staff now.

Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts