Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this isn't a report but I wanted it to be in the striper/hybrid section. I moved to the Austin area a couple months ago, been fishing my whole life and never caught any other kind of freshwater bass other than green ones. Is it feasible as a shore fisherman to go after stripers/hybrids? I live about 15 minutes from lake GT and to my understanding there is a decent population of hybrids in there, can anyone advise on best seasons, lures etc to catch them? It is also my understanding I can put some time in at some of the larger dams in central TX for a big striper? Please feel free to DM if you would like it to be private, I have never caught any form of striped bass and would love to see what it's all about. Thanks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
You can access the lake from the lookout, it is a very popular area for Hybrids and whites. Russell Park is another bank fishing area, but not sure about Hybrids there. 2 of the previous state record Stripers came from Town Lake, now known as Lady Bird Lake. Both caught by the same gentleman, both from the shore, both from Red Bud Isle. Another good area to try is directly below Canyon Dam. I have heard that the hike down is worth it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can access the lake from the lookout, it is a very popular area for Hybrids and whites. Russell Park is another bank fishing area, but not sure about Hybrids there. 2 of the previous state record Stripers came from Town Lake, now known as Lady Bird Lake. Both caught by the same gentleman, both from the shore, both from Red Bud Isle. Another good area to try is directly below Canyon Dam. I have heard that the hike down is worth it.
I appreciate the info!! Wow that dude must feel like a striper king lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts