Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The staff at the ranch I was blessed to hunt at and I had become very good friends, and we brought up that we fish a lot. Turns out their 3 stock ponds and their 17 acre lake are becoming over-populated with largemouth and cats. Hitting it up thursday to clean up! ;D

·
Registered
282 Posts
well this is a worhtless fishing report. this site has really went down hill. what use o be a place where anglers could come to get usefull info has just turned in to a website for fishermen to bragg about what they may or may not have really caught. why post anything if your not going to post usefull infomation?

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
you probably don't spend enough time here Cajun to see all the good info that's here. The site is as good as ever IMO and also the middle of winter is probably not the peak time to look for lots of bass reports even though there are one or two reports are coming from LA and LT seemingly on a daily basis. Give the thread poster a break. He is one of the younger members.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
715358475C76405745320 said:
well this is a worhtless fishing report. this site has really went down hill. what use o be a place where anglers could come to get usefull info has just turned in to a website for fishermen to bragg about what they may or may not have really caught. why post anything if your not going to post usefull infomation?
It's all your fault for not being a round posting your reports. By the way, hows cajun Phil?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll jump in and stir the pot, I totally agree with Cajun. There is very little fishing information in most reports, a brag board is more accurate. I know, "potlickers" (I believe that was the term used awhile back) want you to give up your honey holes with GPS coordinates, etc, but a report should consist of more than, "went to my honey hole on lake travis and caught 10 fish...." I will say there is a small majority that have very good reports. I've significantly reduced my reports because of the above frustrations.

Good news is, it is a free site and I can choose to go elsewhere if need be...It is also nice to voice frustrations and not be told to stick it...or worse! ;D

Anywho, Happy New Year! :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
A few examples of reports, good or bad?

Travis showed it's good side yesterday. I pulled up to my honey hole and put 6 fish in the boat on 10 casts. the other 4 casts i missed fish. the great thing is, they were all 2.5 - 3 lb fish. I was checking them for hook marks because they all looked the same. I would guess the best 5 would have weighed around 12 - 13 pounds. i also had a fish break my rod in three places when i set the hook. i was throwing a jig and my line took off. i rared back and SNAP !
the good bite was on a drop shot senko. they were hammering it.
(Matt did provide some great info when asked)

Pretty tough today. I caught 3 spots. The biggest was 16". Got broke off by a nice fish that I got to see once, I would guess it weighed between 5 and 6. It would shake its head but not pull drag. Got it about 6 feet from the boat and saw it about three feet down. One more good shake of the head and it went straight to the back of the boat. Broke my 12 lb Berkley Flourocarbon. Also got checked by the Game Warden. He was checking every boat that I saw except the big criusers. Water was off colored and 58 - 60 degrees.

Went out to Travis Sunday and got on the water after 15 mins of trying to teach my girlfriend how to back the boat in at Mansfield. We fished from 9 til about 3 and most of the fish were caught on a fluke but the bite was so lite. I had never seen anything like it before. My girlfriend caught a few on crank baits but getting her some new poles so I can

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Good reports. They told you what they were using and if they were catching fish or not. What else do you want?

Clancy W

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
a few years ago EA had a format he suggested for fishing reports which suggested the poster provide more specifics about fishing conditions etc..if that could be dug up outta the archives. However, I think any information is good and the fact that someone takes time to report on their trip is appreciated by just about everyone.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts