Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fished Stillhouse this week. Yes, the hydrilla is everywhere. Fishing has been up and down like it always is. Had an excellent day on Mar 16th catching mostly spawning and pre-spawn females. I think the fish I'm catching now are all guarding fry. The hot weather has warmed up the water fast. I've seen 70º. People skiiing yesterday.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fished Stillhouse this week. Yes, the hydrilla is everywhere. Fishing has been up and down like it always is. Had an excellent day on Mar 16th catching mostly spawning and pre-spawn females. I think the fish I'm catching now are all guarding fry. The hot weather has warmed up the water fast. I've seen 70º. People skiiing yesterday.
Is the hydrilla on top or submerged ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
A few isolated small patches next to the bank are on top but there are no mats now that I saw. All ramps were open last week.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was there yesterday, did allright for not fishing the grass. I went up the river, fro largemouth and hoped to get into the whites...they were being picky. Caught most fish next to wood, from 1 to 10 feet deep. All on a BBH, best was little over 5# with a big one broke off. Howdy again to the guys in the Xpress 21...hope you caught a few more than your buddy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was there yesterday also. Lots of pressure for a Wednesday. Started in an area where I had been catching fish shallow recently and there were literally hundreds of big carp cruising the shallows and spawning. I moved farther out until I didn't see any and started catching in 10-15 ft on a ned rig. Later in the day went in some pockets and caught a few on a wacky senko.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts