Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
2F282939243C25797B0B322A2324246528244B0 said:
Anyone have a recent report for Stillhouse Hollow Lake?
Report? I think you posted in the wrong section. :-?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Was there two weeks ago and fished for 6 hours, fish were still deep 15-20ft caught 7 keepers biggest was 3.5 on our 4" Citrus Shad Swimbait, my best 5 would've been around 12.  I was using 8" finesse worms mostly on a drop shot and a couple on the 8" shaky on a 1/8oz.  The worms and colors are our own invent.

Spooked a lot of bait fish bringing it back to the boat and had several followers, so the shallow crank bite might be on as suggested.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basstrack......Yes I did post in the wrong section. I guess my Mississippi upbringing is coming to light now. Just moved to Texas so maybe I will become a quick learner. ha

·
Registered
85 Posts
the grass is slowly coming back, give it two more years and the grass should be good again.

right now you have a couple different options there, go throw a spook around points first thing in the morning, then back off and throw deep cranks like dd22's or bandit 700's, and drag a football head or carolina rig.

or you can run in the river a little ways and throw buzzbaits and spinnerbaits early then flip worms and jigs

the fishing is kinda slow right now, but it is improving

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.