Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I went to Stillhouse Saturday. We dropped about 6:30 am and the ramp was crowded. We went over to the area where the tree stumps are and the small island. We were pitching plastics to the trees and also throwing some cranks. Got a couple of taps but never set the hook on anything. Then the schoolies showed up maybe around 7-7:30 and they were going crazy. My wife was freaking out at first because she has never seen fish school like that. Long story short we caught a ton of fish. We stopped counting after about 30. Nothing big but it was a ton of fun. No pics because she never wanted to stop fishing long enough to take em. One crazy thing did happen. She had a fish in the boat so I laid my rod down. The lure was just sitting on top of the water. I took her fish off and dropped it in the water. The fish did a quick U-turn and jumped at my bait. I mean I just took the guy off the hook and he was still wanting more. We laughed pretty hard. We pretty much threw 10 different baits so I could show her different ways to fish lures. It was an awsome time and my wife loved every minute we were there.
One question we had. How much longer will the schoolies show up on Stillhouse? We want to go back and do it again sometime.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
No better way I can think of to get someone "hooked" on fishing.

Tight lines

· Registered
3 Posts
We ran into the schools last night at the dam. We couldn't get them to bit on swimbaits but the third cast on a Rattle Trap landed a three pounder but lost the lure five minutes after. I created a topic in the Bank Fishing Reports about the schools. I'm heading back there tonight with more Rattle Traps. ^_^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.