Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in at Union Grove at 5:30am. I trolled over to the point just west of the park. I fished that point very thoroughly but could not get bit. Hours went by, I kept looking for bass. I was studying the fish finder as I cast out Texas rig. I saw a ditch so I set the rod down and dropped anchor. When I picked up the rod, I noticed the line was wrapped around a hydrilla clump. I reeled in a small fish. The only fish I caught. Off at noon.
8A4DFF5A-B752-4C28-952E-097E11DEEBCD.jpeg

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dog days of summer. But you were on the water my friend. BTW....You really should consider wearing something people can see you in. Out there in that prowler you want to make sure you don't blend in with the lake.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m glad to be visible while I was fishing the hydrilla several hundred yards from shore. The bass were grouped up in a channel between hydrilla patches. They busted briefly. I tossed the pegged fluke into the mix and deadsticked. I was sure It would get hit, but the fish ignored it. Always glad to be on the water!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Stillhouse can be touch and go. Figured you could get bit though, since you got the magic touch. I have seen boats solid across the hydrilla patches, punching for the big girls that live in there, but have not seen many rods bent while I was there. Upriver can be really productive though, but a stretch in your Prowler.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very wise words welderdude. I was afraid I might have bitten off more than I could chew when the wind started blowing hard right at sunrise. I took a bass boat wake over the gunwhale around 9am. I kept looking uplake to the next channel swing where Todd caught a seven pounder last year, but self-preservation got the better of me. Instead, around 11am I trolled across to the campground cove opposite Union Grove. Good hydrilla and crystal clear water but no bites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts