Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanted a change of scenery and not so many wake boats. Launched at Stillhouse Park. Four or five bass boat trailers in the parking lot. Started fishing around 9:30. Caught a couple right away and then it became a grind. One here and there and a long time in between bites. Clicked 15 by the time I quit at 2:45, one was a magnum bluegill. Fished main lake channel swing banks. Caught fish on the Baby Z Too on an 1/8 oz head, a Super Fluke Jr. nose hooked, and a 4" Tiki Stick rigged wacky. I had heard there had been some schooling activity but didn't exactly get in on that. Water was 84º. The pic is my best fish of the day.
Sky Water Fisherman Boat Fish

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to include this in the report. Late in the day I caught a decent fish on the Super Fluke Jr. On the next cast I saw a wolf pack of six or eight approx. 12" bass darting all around my bait but not taking it. I picked up the 4" stick bait and caught one a few casts later. Went back to the fluke and caught the one in the photo. I was fishing a channel swing with the boat in 31' and an easy cast to the bank with the river channel right behind me. I would never have known all those fish were there if I had not looked down at my bait. I fished the area back and forth and didn't catch another. I think they are just roaming looking for schools of shad and moving quickly. My fishing log shows they were still schooling on the bank like this in early November last year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts