Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started fishing at 9:30. I really need to get there earlier but can't seem to make my old self do that. Fished some pockets near the marina and encountered the poor Nitro. I can't imagine where it came from. Stripped to the bone. Notice it's been shot in the side with buckshot. I don't know how long it's been there. I hadn't been to that pocket since spring. Right after I saw that boat I noticed a feed or two so started throwing a 2.8 Keitech in the area and hooked up with a fat spot. Stayed in the area a while but no more feeding on top. Went to the dam and tried different things and caught a nice fish on the dropshot with the 6" Robo in MMIII in 17'. Fished a long stretch of the dam with no more success. Went across the lake to a steep bank and had no success. I always do this. I love fall fishing and I always try to rush it. It's not fall fishing if the water's 80º and people are swimming! Went back to a corner of the dam and caught a good fish on the dropshot. Fished a long way for nothing again. I know this sounds crazy but sometimes I think there's too much hydrilla. Late in the day I decided to go way up on the bank and fish the flooded weeds and bushes and on my second cast with a panfish helicopter lure caught a decent little fish. Color was "slime". Caught another dink on it before I quit at 2:30. Since I caught 2 fish in about 30 min. I believe I could have had a decent day if I had thought of that earlier. I caught both those fish in the same pocket as the Nitro. I had gone back to take the photos before I left. Not going to Stillhouse for a while.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Seconding JC - never saw helicopter rig before and not sure how to fish it. I was at Academy today and saw some of these on sale. I was going to buy one but still not sure what to do with it. I guess I need more research and then I will jump in and try it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I dont remember the brand but they had 3 of them left over on the discount wall. This was the Academy on 183 near Duval. They were at the bottom left although there wasnt much left on the whole wall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts