Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out from 5A to 1P preparing for a tournament in a couple of weeks.  Keepers were difficult to locate.
Weather:  Overcast in the am,  Cleared by noon.  
Water Conditions: Level is somewhere between 2 to 4 feet low.  86 deg. surface temp.
Summary:  It turned out to be a beautiful day with glassy calm waters and warm weather.  Fished mosly the lower end of the lake (Union Grove Park) Caught several short fish on the shore line on soft plastics and one keeper on a crank bait before the sun came up.  Hydrilla seems to be sparse.  Caught a few short fish and one keeper on drop shots near drop offs in 20 to 35 feet.  Schoolers were out there but hard to target.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On top of tournament prefishing, chasing schoolies was my second purpose for going out. I was planning on taking my wife on the next outing if it panned out, but it really didn't. We will go to Choke late this evening instead.
I wouldn't say that it was "rapid pace". I didn't try to throw at them to much. Mostly because they were down just as fast as they came up. The schoolies were scattered over the deeper water, and I didn't see many in water less than 12 foot.
If I was to go for them exclusively, I would try around some of the main lake points below the middle lake island.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.