Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally made it out on the water for my first long fishing day since Bass Champs wrapped up. I got on the water at Stillhouse right as the sun was peaking over the horizon. The wind was calm and the water temp was about 83 degrees, but the wind picked up to 10-15 mph over the course of the day. Grass is coming up, even in deep water, but it is very short and thin.

I headed for a shallow main lake point and started throwing swim baits. I had a lot of knockers, but no takers. Moved out towards deeper water and got a c-rig fish about 3 pounds off of some rocks.

Moved to another spot and started fishing trees near a drop into deep water. Schoolies were everywhere! I started throwing a small jerk bait and was catching dinks on almost every cast. Threw the hollow body swim bait at them and didn't catch near as many , but the quality went way up. Threw a walking bait for a while and continued catching the heck out of them. Finally started throwing a Sebile swim bait and the quality went way up with several three pounders and one at almost 6 pounds. Several other boats were catching the heck out of them as well. I decide to go deep, c-rigging a fluke, and picked up four more fish over four pounds in about 45 minutes. Got off the water at 2 pm. Ended the day with the Lord only knows how many fish (a lot!!!) and a good case of bass thumb and palm (bass palm is great!). My limit would have weighed close to 23 pounds with most of the fish caught in 10 to 25 feet of water. Looking forward to a return trip soon!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.