Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried Stillhouse out with the family from 7ish to 11. Never been there, so did a lot of checking the lake out. Saw people fishing DEEP and all in the same area, around where the road goes through the main part of the lake. Messed around a bit and then went to a major hump on the south side of the main lake. I'm sure most people who fish the lake know where I'm talking about. Lots of fish hitting the top of the water sporadically. Caught a couple of small bass on flukes, but tried many, many other lures. Tried deep, mid range, shallow and top-water lures. Went back up the lake on a major bend that shallow water extends way out and let the kids swim while I fished... like that works real well, but at least they had fun. Then buy 11 it's gettin too hot, so we left. Not much of a report cuz we didn't catch much and I've never been there before, but there ya have it. Very clear lake like Travis.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Went out there today also and caught a small lmb and a coupple of small whites up in the river. Saw LOTS of gar. We also caught a drum in about 5ft of water....everything was cauht on shallow diving rtraps.

Clancy W

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.