Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a club tourney there yesterday. The last time our club fished there, two years ago, I won that tourney so I had to try my best to defend my title, ya know...

Got there friday evening and thought I'd be able to run around a little with the full moon... boy... that wasn't a good idea at all with almost zero moonlight present. I ran a little too close to the island in front of Union Grove and decided I was just gonna fish around the coves by the ramp. Caught two small fish on plastics and decided it was time to grab some sleep... on my boat.... well... that was a good idea until the wind started blowing pretty good and ya know, I was on top of the hill at Union Grove and man... being buffeted constantly by the wind, it got kinda cold out there throughout the night but hey, I grabbed snatches of sleep here and there.

So, it's saturday... and we've got some really nice weather... I'm alternating between throwing plastics and topwaters throughout most of the day around a few points in the area of some creeks and coves in the midlake/upper area and got a pretty good deal going on. I ended up winning my tourney with 3 fish for 11.7. The big one went 6.1. The second one I'm holding in the pix was about a pound smaller. But man... I lost 4 fish, including a 5 and a 3 1/2 that would've probably pushed my bag up to or really close to the 22 mark but that's the way it goes sometimes, and hey, the important thing is, I ended up winning the T anyway and kept that streak alive, 2-0!!! :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nice job! ATX had their tournament the same day. I wish I had something good to report, but never found the bigger fish and weighed a small limit. The tournament was won with 16+ pounds and it took 13 pounds to be in the money. We had a few folks, like yourself, that were on the right bites that didn't limit out. Stillhouse is still my favorite lake in central Texas and I can't wait for the grass to come back!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.