Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 12-5 today and did alright. Caught about 13 or 14 fish. Only one short. Best five is about 15-16 lbs. There was some sort of tourney out there so I would like to know what it took to win.
All fish were caught on a DD22, or Jerkbait. Only one fish on the swimbait, but saw some fish and started stroking a 6" swimbait and hooked a nice fish but unfortunatly never got to see it. That's strange because if you get that big single hook home you very rarely lose them. Most fish caught on somesort of point, and a few on a bluff.

No smallies and I looked all over for them. The backs of the coves warmed up to 58F so I tried for some brownies but failed. It may too close to the spawn and the weather wasn't nasty enough, the wind was nonexistant till I pulled the boat out. I was really hoping for the 10-20 mph winds like stupid weather.com said, but it never happened :-[.

Can't wait to go back next weekend ;D

·
Registered
606 Posts
lus change.Re: Stillhouse 2-3

The winds were nasty right before you got there. It was calm till 9 or so and between 9 and 11:30 it blew like crazy. I did not fish that larger tourney, but was fishing the top six anglers from 07 for the georgetown bass club and pulled first place with 17.5#. All my fish were caught early and didnt get bit from 1-3. Sounds like you had a good day out there,congradulations.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
17.5 is a good bag. I would of milked the spot I caught the four at, but a couple of guys pulled up and asked if I was fun fishing and wondered if I minded moving. I didn't mind I knew there were good fish there. The kids told me they caught a 6,3, and a 3 there. I knew that if they would have backed off the bank just a tad they would have completed a nice bag. I'm guessing in the big tourney it took 22 lbs, or maybe a ton more if the offshore guys found their fish.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Dont expect much. I got lucky that day, its taken me six years to pull a stringer like that. Im sure someone will help you but i have a tourney on sunday so :-X till monday. I will tell you cranks have worked well for me.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Points, and ledges. Stair step bluffs with the "right" rock did well. I wanted to fish some old standby offshore stuff, but with all the boats out there Sun. there was 4 boats on every general area I wanted to fish that was I guess pretty popular offshore stuff.

I am new to the lake now that the grass is gone so this summer will be awesome if the grass doesn't come back too strong. They will school up on ledges and if you can find em. It's going to take 30+ every tourney this year late April and after. Plus the prespawn/spawn tourneys will do real well too. I look forward to fishing this lake this summer. It already reimnds me of Kentucky L. a little. Just a tad clearer water right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.