Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at the forecast and saw all that north wind for Thursday and Friday so decided to go two days in a row. Looking back a my fishing log spreadsheet I hadn't been to Stillhouse since May 25th when I had my second worst trip of the year catching only one fish. Looking back to prior years I've never had a good trip to Stillhouse in the fall. On 11/5/20 I fished all day for two fish. I was the one and only trailer in the parking lot. Wind was blowing when I got there..whitecaps when I was crossing the lake. Caught a dink on a senko right away, then two good fish on the bluegill swim bait. I've heard pros on TV say one's a fluke, two's a pattern...but no...didn't catch another fish on the swim. I fished all the recent baits from Belton with no success. I concluded that clearer water and weeds were a big difference. The wind made presentation hard. I thought back to when I fished with my son on a tough day and caught a few on the neko, so rigged up a 5" senko with a weedless neko hook and the smallest tungsten nail weight I had. A few casts later I hooked into a hard puller that came off. Another few casts in the same area and I landed a really nice fish. This was close to noon and only had those four by lunch at 12:15. Kept that bait in my hand and caught six more quality hard pulling fish. A couple times I was sure they were drum. The fish all came from 12-15 FOW. So clicked 10 by the time I quit at 2:40. I called it a very successful day because I actually figured something out and caught nine quality fish and had two more hard pullers that came off. When I was filling out my fishing log I saw that the wind had gusted to 33 mph...a bit more than the 20 mph forecast. Again looking back at my trips this year it was the most wind I fished in. Water was 68º. Included a screen shot of the log I keep on Google Sheets.
Cloud Sky Tree Road surface Asphalt
Water Vertebrate Fluid Fisherman Outdoor recreation

Water Vertebrate Sky Cloud Fisherman

Plant Insect Arthropod Terrestrial plant Grass

Font Pattern Circle Parallel Number

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts