Bass Fishing Forum banner

221 - 237 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The weirdest thing about the Rockets to me is that outside of Harden every player on this team built a career by being good defenders (Ariza, Brewer, Howard, PBev, Smoove, etc) yet our defense is atrocious in the street type basketball we play. Ariza hit 9 three pointers, Harden had a near triple double, and as a team we were shooting 55% from 3 going into the 4th quarter vs. a Anthony Davis-less Pelicans team and still only won by 1 point. I'm ready for the season to end so we can get a legit coach and a whole new philosophy here. Harden is a great player, but nobody can play with his style. Lawson is a really good point guard, but he really doesn't serve a purpose in our 'junk ball' scheme since he needs to be running a legit offense. Rant over.....

Clutch City 104
Los Spurs 101

·
Registered
474 Posts
what a monumental beat down. I knew something like that was coming but I didn't see 31 pts... DAYUM!!!

Timmy will be ok John. He will be used sparingly until the playoffs. This also forces Aldridge to be THE MAN and he will rise to the challenge. This is what they brought him for. Timmy will be there on the sidelines coaching along w/ Popovich.

I'd say this is Rook to Queens 4....

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
The in bound offensive foul on Ginobli is one of the worst no calls I've ever seen. Nevertheless, we should have won the game several times earlier. Next games should show who is fit to take down GSW.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
The in bound offensive foul on Ginobli is one of the worst no calls I've ever seen. Nevertheless, we should have won the game several times earlier. Next games should show who is fit to take down GSW.
yep, yep, yep

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
By BRIAN MAHONEY - The Associated Press Tuesday, May 3, 2016
[HR][/HR]​
NEW YORK — The NBA said Tuesday there were five incorrect non-calls on the wild final sequence in San Antonio, including a foul on Oklahoma City's Dion Waiters that referees earlier had already acknowledged they missed.
The league agreed with the refs that Waiters should've been whistled for knocking Manu Ginobili back with his elbow to create space to throw an inbounds pass, but also ruled in its Last 2 Minute report that Ginobili first committed a delay-of-game violation by stepping on the sideline as he was defending.
The inbounds play began a frenzied final 13.5 seconds in the Thunder's 98-97 victory over San Antonio on Monday in Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals. The Spurs ended up stealing Waiters' pass to Kevin Durant to start a fast break but couldn't score, leaving the Western Conference semifinal tied at 1-1.
Referee Ken Mauer, the crew chief, said after the game that upon seeing a review of the play, there should have been an offensive foul on Waiters.
On Tuesday, the referees union wrote on Twitter that it had never seen the play before and would incorporate it into its training moving forward.
"Waiters foul on Ginobili was the worst missed call in playoff history," Hall of Famer Magic Johnson wrote on Twitter after the game.
But the problems didn't stop there.
The league determined that the Spurs' Kawhi Leonard and Patty Mills grabbed and held Thunder players, affecting their movement and ability to get open to catch the inbound pass.
Once the Spurs came up with it, Mills ended up getting a jumper from the corner that missed. The Spurs couldn't get off a clean attempt on the offensive rebound, and the league determined that was because the Thunder's Serge Ibaka grabbed LaMarcus Aldridge's jersey and affected his attempt.
Had that been called, Aldridge — who scored 41 points and made all 10 free throws — would have attempted two shots from the line to win the game.

·
Registered
223 Posts
^^^also, some court-side Spurs fans grabbed and held Steven Adams so he couldn't get back into the play for the last 2-3 seconds, the whole sequence was craziness!!

221 - 237 of 237 Posts